As a fine art maternity photographer in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and mother to three children, I know it’s not always easy being pregnant. But with over 14 years of experience as a professional photographer, I have found some tips that are sure to help you have the best experience for your upcoming maternity photoshoot.
Tips for a Fun and Easy Maternity Photoshoot
- Schedule a Design Consultation: I offer a complementary design consultation before you book. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet me before standing in front of my camera. We will talk through everything from the aesthetic for your session, gown selection, hair and makeup and even what type of underclothes to wear. You are welcome to bring example photos to share with me.
- Schedule in Advance: Book your maternity photoshoot well in advance to secure your preferred date and time. I recommend scheduling your session for the beginning of your third trimester when you are likely to feel most comfortable and have a beautiful baby bump. Our schedule can fill a few months in advance so reach out early to schedule your design consultation.
- Select Outfits in Advance: At your design consultation we will discuss the types of looks you would like to create during your maternity photoshoot. I offer a collection of over 200 gowns, bodysuits and couture looks for your to choose from. You are also welcome to bring something from home if you’d like. I also have dresses for girls of all ages as well as dapper outfits for younger boys. I’ll help you coordinate what everyone in the family will wear. You can view our collection of maternity gowns here.
- Pamper Yourself: Your maternity photoshoot can be like a mini spa day. Let our professional hair and makeup artist pamper you and help you feel your best. I also recommend a mani/pedi the week of your session. I prefer soft, neutral colors that won’d distract or draw too much attention.
- Include Meaningful Accessories: Bring along items that hold sentimental value, such as baby shoes, meaningful jewelry or a rocking pair of heels. I’ll help you coordinate the accessories to the best look.
- Hydration and Rest: Stay hydrated leading up to the session to maintain a fresh and glowing appearance – get plenty of rest the night before to feel energized and ready to enjoy the experience.
- Enjoy the Experience: Relax and be yourself during the session – embrace the joy and excitement of this special time in your life. We will take care of everything for you including precise posing that will help you look your best.
- Include Family Members: Involve your loved ones (your partner, kids, even pets) in the photo session to capture heartwarming family moments.
Remember, the most important thing is to enjoy the experience and celebrate this special time in your life. Maternity photos are a wonderful way to capture the beauty and emotions of pregnancy, so relax, have fun, and let your happiness shine through in the photographs! By following these tips, you’ll be well-prepared for your maternity photo session and create beautiful memories to cherish for a lifetime.
To schedule your consultation, reach out to us at LindsayWaldenPhotography.com or call us at 972-834-4662.